Re: Reality Check II - salaries in the new world

Subject: Re: Reality Check II - salaries in the new world
From: "Melody Akins" <melodyakins -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 02:18:41 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Oboryshko"
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 2:14 PM

========Snip--------->

> A lot of IT work right now is infrastructure projects, which
> aren't productized in the same way as a new application or
> enterprise server, and therefore tend not to be well documented.
> Six months from now, look for a lot of ads that say "We hired
> somebody to install our network and now we need somebody to
> document it...VISIO REQUIRED"
>
> Regards,
> Mike O.

=============My Comment--------->
Network infrastructure is the field I plan to study in depth. I have made a
beginning by
signing up for a course online to prepare me for CCNA (Cisco Certified
Network Associate--a 'junior' network professional), and will be learning
VISIO (thanks to your heads-up!). I am a 'decided redhead' who will be 57
years old this month. I need all the help I can get, as I have massive
responsibilities.

I can't tell you how glad I am to have found this list and website. Thank
you all so much for your patience and helpful attitude.

Warmly,
Melody Akins