Wardrobe/shoe choice for Interviews: is height an issue for women?

Subject: Wardrobe/shoe choice for Interviews: is height an issue for women?
From: "Estella Binoche" <e_binoche -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 03:23:52 -0500

As long as we're evaluating interview appearance from every possible angle, how about this one: I'm a 5'10'' tall woman. Sometimes during my career I've gotten the feeling that men are a little intimidated by my height. I'm wondering if any other tall women out there have ever had this experience and, if so, have you responded by going with flatter shoes during for the interviewing process? I'm getting ready for a round of interviews and would prefer to wear my stacked heel pumps, but I'm wondering if I'd be wise to look for low-heeled loafers, in order to minimize my height. Does anyone have any thoughts?

thanks, estella