re: Psychologists and Online fonts

Subject: re: Psychologists and Online fonts
From: "Christensen, Kent" <lkchris -at- sandia -dot- gov>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 06:58:51 -0700

re: ... I think readability is greatly affected by what you are used to
looking at. (Tom Johnson)

I also think readability is greatly affected by the areas of the page where
fonts aren't used at all, i.e., the white space and the illustrations.
Whatever, the much cussed and discussed study repeats previous conclusions
and probably somewhere along the way a study that made these same
conclusions was performed to the standards suggested here. I'm certainly
staying with verdana and narrow columns for on-screen reading and with times
for printed matter ... and plenty of white space/headings/lists and
illustrations for both.

PS- Can't recall if this was mentioned at the outset of this thread, but the
original study was referenced from a Web site I'm finding more and more
interesting for providing communication design ideas:
http://www.makovision.com/