RE: pondering page numbers

Subject: RE: pondering page numbers
From: "Steve Hudson" <cruddy -at- optushome -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 09:14:55 +1100

> do the discrepancies in
page numbers befuddle them? Is this worth thinking about, or
more of a PITA than it's worth?

They ignore them. We used a custom page size for our printed manual, in
further addition to my comments on the other thread. They do not remember
"Page 666 for the Heretic's Phone number", they CAN remember "Umm, its in
Revelations somewhere near the beginning". Does this sound familiar to the
way YOU find info in a book? Or do you memorise page numbers like I memorise
Pi? :-)

> *Has anybody abandoned the roman-numerals-for-frontmatter
routine and actually started a manual on --what???-- page 5
or so

Yup. Again, K.I.S.S.. I know what 50 pages feels like. If the preface is 100
pages long, it throws all my searches out.

-Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- akonix -dot- com