RE: Applying On-Line

Subject: RE: Applying On-Line
From: "Darren Barefoot" <darren -dot- barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:24:40 -0000

Hi,

Well, when I was applying for my first dishwasher job, I built my resume
on WordPerfect 5.1. I've probably had 6 or 8 different computers since
then, and I've probably rebuilt my resume from scratch at least 10
times. I don't know what advantage you're reaping with the original file
(if I understand you correctly). Just save the whole thing as text, dump
it into a new version of MS Word, create and apply some styles and
you're all set. You should always customize your resume for a particular
audience, but I don't know why you can't use appropriate styles while
customizing.

Now maybe me and the other ObsessiveWordMeisters who care about this are
in a tiny minority. If so, you'd be wasting your time. Of course, if 20%
of all hiring managers care about how you format your MS Word resume,
that's 20% of people who aren't marking down a strike against you.
Thanks. DB.

Ms. Ahrenhold wrote...