Re: Applying On-Line

Subject: Re: Applying On-Line
From: Michael Oboryshko <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 11:18:51 -0800 (PST)

A couple of folks mentioned they wouldn't hire tech writers who
formatted their resumes in Normal style. Thanks for the warning
about your screening practices. I hope it gets you the kind of
tech writers you want.

You are assuming that a Word resume was created with Word.
That's not necessarily true. My Word resume is formatted with
Normal style. That's because I don't format it or maintain it
with Word. I write my resume in HTML/CSS and import it into Word
(el cheapo single-sourcing), and Word formats it correctly. It
actually does use structured CSS, but the Word styles are all
Normal.

Sorry, I'm not going to retag my resume with Word styles.

There are also a lot of people who create Word (or rtf) resumes
with TeX/LaTeX or something other markup tool. I doubt those
resumes end up with elegantly layered Word styles.

When I create a document in Word, I can and do use styles the
way they are meant to be used.

Regards,
Mike O.

http://auctions.yahoo.com