Translations and graphics

Subject: Translations and graphics
From: nurseferatu_VV -at- yahoo -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:59:22

We are now translating our manuals into 9 languages, and translations of
screen captures have become an expensive problem. What do you do in your
department?

1. We don't use screen captures.
2. We translate all our windows, etc. and take new screen captures for each
manual or Help file.
3. We blur or pixilate the language areas of the screen capture to render
it language-nonspecific.
4. We have another, fabulous idea: (what is it?!)
Thanks.
Martha Silverspring