Re: Re-applying for a position

Subject: Re: Re-applying for a position
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 13:04:32 -0800 (PST)

Rebecca,

Several years ago, I applied for a job and got no response back. A few months
later, that position was being advertised again. I didn't do anything
different--at least not that I can recall.

The second time, I got a call and did a phone interview, then did a
face-to-face a few days later. At the second interview, I asked how the
position came to be open and found out that the person who had the position had
DIED! (No kidding.) Naturally, I asked if it was somehow job-related. They
didn't think it was.

Anyway, I took that job and lasted there for four and a half years. Left then
to take the job I currently have.

So, I guess I would say that if you're still interested in the job, there can
be lots of reasons for why you didn't hear anything the first time, yet might
get the job this time around.

Can't hurt to try, can it?

=====
Tom Murrell
Lead Technical Writer
Alliance Data Systems
Columbus, Ohio
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com
Personal Web Page - http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/index.html
Page Last Updated 01/15/02

http://auctions.yahoo.com