Re: Resumes with grant experience

Subject: Re: Resumes with grant experience
From: Annamaria Profit <inteltek2 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 22:12:12 -0500

Nora,

This is an outstanding blurb for your resume. I have an upfront section called "skills" where I would put something like that. I come out of the advertising/marketing sector, so I believe that you need to tell the client "what's in it for them" up front. That performance history is definitely a "what's in it for me" item! Maybe even for the cover letter! They might say in their skeptical little hearts "that sounds too good to be true", so I would end that paragraph with a "Don't take my word for it, ask my clients!" (then provide refs.)

At 05:03 PM 1/30/02 -0800, Nora von Gerichten wrote:

Because of the threads on resumes, I have been reconsidering mine.
My track record with grant applications is excellent. No one has every been denied one that I wrote the application for.

Annamaria Profit
E-mail: inteltek2 -at- earthlink -dot- net
"Where it is possible, live in peace with all men."

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr