Re: Salary review help

Subject: Re: Salary review help
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:43:48 -0800 (PST)

> Salary reviews is very near and I know my team did work very hard
> and they
> are extremely dedicated. During this quiet phase of the economy, I

In today's environment...being a good worker, working hard and being
dedicated is not a basis for a good raise...it is the basis for
allowing them to continue to work for the company in a like manner.
As an employer, I would expect that as the baseline for being an
employee I want to allow to be around.

What will get them a raise? What was done by them to give the company
the money to give to them. What was done to increase the company's
bottom line? What money might I loose if they weren't around?

Did anyone make a suggestion or develop a process/procedure that
reduced a cost or reduced a turnaround? How about something that made
the company a tougher competitor and got more business?

Save me money and I can be convinced to share some of it with you. Do
your job and I might let you continue doing it...OTOH, I might be
looking around for someome who can favorably impact my bottom line.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer

http://auctions.yahoo.com