Re: PowerPoint Slide Masters Question - One Solution

Subject: Re: PowerPoint Slide Masters Question - One Solution
From: "Ronald E. Jones" <rej -at- gte -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 08:37:05 -0600

Stuart

We have created a gazillion slides in PowerPoint and don't believe this problem can be solved! Allow me to offer another view.

In my latest book entitled "Creating and Delivering Technical Presentations" (now in beta testing), I offer the "6 x 6 rule." This states that on a single slide, you should never have more than 6 lines of information and no more than 6 words per line - I didn't dream this up, it's based on projected-media research and practice.

If you follow that bit of guidance, there is virtually no need for a 2-column format.

When absolutely needed, I use two text blocks.

Ron Jones
_____________________
Dr. Ronald E. Jones, President
RonJon Publishing, Inc.
1001 S. Mayhill Rd., Denton, TX 76208
Free 800-262-3060 Ph 940-383-3060 Fax 940-387-0505
E-mail - rjones -at- ronjonpublishing -dot- com
Web Site - http://www.ronjonpublishing.com

I'm trying to set up a PowerPoint slide template, and have a query on
indent/tab settings when using bullets.

I can set up the indents/bullets on the slide master for the 'single column
text' layout absolutely fine, but cannot get these to work on the 'double
column text' layout. As there is no slide master for the double column
layout, it looks as if PowerPoint tries to use the settings from the single
column layout, but it is not doing this properly as the indents are wrong
and the level 3 bullets end up in a larger font size than the level 1
bullets! Is there something I am missing?

Thanks for any help.

Stuart Conner
NDS TV Platforms Division
Middleware Development Group Technical Publications
E-mail: sconner -at- ndsuk -dot- com
Tel: 023 8030 7084