levels of editor

Subject: levels of editor
From: "Sarah Thomas" <Sarah_Thomas -at- mercmarine -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 14:52:06 -0600

Wow, talk about information overload! This is day 2 for me, having joined the
definitely what you get here. I would comment briefly on the whole hiring
practices thing--Give it a rest, points made!!!
I am looking for information that could help me identify different levels of
promotion for an editor. I started as a tech writer's assistant over 3 years ago
at my current company, it was a new position for which I carved out requirements
and set a standard by which other employees have since been hired. From there I
moved up to a tech writer spot and then somehow became the editor. The problem
lies in that once again I find myself in a position of having to carve out
requirements for a job description that doesn't exist. I need to create an
Editor I job description, which isn't the hard part, and then create successive
positions so that I have room for promotion. The way this company operates I
don't want to wait around for someone else to create my promotion levels.

TIA--Sarah Lee Thomas
"Cupcake"
sarah_thomas -at- mercmarine -dot- com
vapor-bug -at- excite -dot- com