RE: Intranet Policies and Strategy Docs

Subject: RE: Intranet Policies and Strategy Docs
From: "Steve Hudson" <cruddy -at- optushome -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 23:34:32 +1100

G'day Stressball :-)

No passwords online ever. Restricted domain access to authorised logins. All
employees to have access to equivalent intranet resourcing driven by their
needs (insert long pc rant).

Then you need determine content and audience and develop a structure. Try to
flatten it as much as possible so as not to involve too many tiers and take
advantage of infinitely linked material to avoid redundancy. Post existing
procedural and reference information, or at least links to where they can be
found. Next comes record storage areas and associated viewing privileges.
One of the big bonuses of this is the intranet can be used as your master
index to where documentation and records are kept, aiding in your TQM.

Use existing corporate structures as a framework as employees are already
familiar with that paridigm.

Steve Hudson, Word Heretic
HDK List MVP
Word help and tools: heretic -at- tdfa -dot- com