Re: Comb binding looseleaf?

Subject: Re: Comb binding looseleaf?
From: Alan -dot- Miller -at- prometric -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:14:00 -0500

Meg:

If you really, really want to find 19-ring binders for your comb-bound
document, try GBC - General Binding Corporation. They do have a high
opinion of themselves, though, as indicated by their prices. I've used them
in the past (when the client's spec required it), and the 19-ring binders
are a pain in the ... neck. I seem to recall that the locking mechanism
was ineffectual, usually bursting open when dropped from more than a few
inches and scattering the sheets randomly over a much larger area than can
be accounted for by current gravitational theory. If you can find a better
system, go for it.

Al Miller
Chief Documentation Curmudgeon
Prometric, Inc.
Baltimore, MD

Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production
deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.
-- Frank Zappa

Meg Halter <aiki4us -at- yahoo -dot- com>@lists.raycomm.com on 02/13/2002 12:36:17 PM

Please respond to Meg Halter <aiki4us -at- yahoo -dot- com>

Sent by: bounce-techwr-l-40429 -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com

To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
cc:

Subject: Comb binding looseleaf?

Hi --

I have an old document that is comb bound. The trouble is that
it barely fits in the largest size available, which is 2". The
doc really needs about 2-1/2". Further, the combs aren't really
sturdy enough for something that thick. I remember seeing a few
years ago looseleaf notebooks that had 19 comb-style rings
instead of the conventional 3 rings. However, I've looked and
looked and found nothing like that. Can anyone help?

-- Meg