RE: Grim numbers, just grim

Subject: RE: Grim numbers, just grim
From: "Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 13:50:35 -0800

http://www.datamasters.com/

Look under cost-of-living section to compare where you are with Seattle
(or anywhere to anywhere). Also check the 2001 salary survey from STC.
California's cost of living is wildly out of whack with most of the rest
of the country (obviously not all). Both of these sources are from 2001;
as Andrew noted, rates have dipped. Basic market forces at work. Check
the salaries they're offering for developers, web designers, anyone
really, and you'll see a similar dive.

That said, I do think $35 is low for an independent contractor. But it's
not as low to those of us who don't live in California or NY.

Lisa