AW: Task-based documentation-best practice

Subject: AW: Task-based documentation-best practice
From: Shea Michael EXT <Michael -dot- Shea -dot- extern -at- icn -dot- siemens -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 15:13:05 +0100

Sounds like the perfect place for a decision table.

For example:

Once you have opened your image you can apply effects.

To add sparkles, see Adding sparkle, pg 23.
To make it swirly-whirly, see Applying the spin cycle, pg. 82.
To change the color depth, see Reducing or Increasing the color depth, pg 16.

Naturally, you will want to see if this makes sense for you or not. Perhaps some decision table entries will lead to other decision tables. Perhaps you want to flow-chart the possible actions user can go or the actions that would make the most sense for the user to follow.

-Michael