Re: FWD: So called writers and intellectual property

Subject: Re: FWD: So called writers and intellectual property
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 09:39:52 -0800 (PST)

Anonymous is a busy poster today!

--- Anonymous <anonfwd -at- raycomm -dot- com> wrote:
> The final straw is that I will continue to run into this person on
> social occasions (this is completely outside of my control and I will
> not forgo the occasions). Should work discussions arise despite my
> attempts to avoid them, how do I deal with this person, who engages in
> self-promotion as a "senior technical writer"??!!??? Perhaps this is
> more a question for Ms. Manners, but how does one deal with this?

Actually, Ms. Manners has all sorts of good advice for such situations.
Unfortunately, I keep my etiquette references at home. (Hmm, is that a good
idea?)

Basically, you may need or want to be at social occasions where this other
person is, but you are not required to be more than civil, what ordinary
etiquette would require out of respect for your host and/or hostess. You do not
have to make more than polite conversation (I'd stick to the weather, maybe
politics and religion, but definitely NOT work! <g>), and remove yourself from
this person's immediate vicinity as soon as politeness allows (lest you cause a
scene, which a polite person would never do).

=====
Tom Murrell
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com
Personal Web Page - http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/index.html
Page Last Updated 02/27/02
{Your pithy comment here. Contact me to find out how <g>}

http://greetings.yahoo.com