Re: What a predicament!

Subject: Re: What a predicament!
From: Brad Jensen <brad -at- elstore -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 09:52:23 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Suzanne Chiles" <suzchiles -at- pobox -dot- com>

> Kevin said:
>
> Tom, keep in mind that Anon was asking for opinions and advice. Some of
> that, presumably, will be moral advice.
>
> Also, I am depressed right now, after months of unemployment and financial
> hardship. To fight it, I have to count my blessings, stay focused on
what's
> important, and work through it.

Tom, Suzanne, Kevin:

I felt the same as this latest writer. My software company was struggling
along, and I fought the good fight for over two years. Finally at my wife's
insistence I went to the doctor. He put me on a low dose of an
anti-depressant and something very funny happened. Within a week I realized
that I was doing things that were keeping things bad, and most of all not
doing simple things that could make things better. Now 90 days later things
are really cooking at the business, and the future looks fantastic.

There is a complex interaction of mind, body, and environment. Stop figuring
out the situation and do something different. You don't need a psychiatrist
to prescribe an antidepressent. Go see your family care MD.

Mine says to keep taking the antidepressant for six months, then we will see
how things go without it.

My behavior was depressing so many people,m they all started taking
antidepressants!

It's an aspirin for the soul. Dont'make too much or too little out of it.

If you find yourself at the mercy of a situation that has continued at least
90 days, and you find yourself saying 'I can't because' to every possibility
of changing that situation, try this form of assistance under a doctor's
care.

And watch out for the bounce effect - some antidepressants seem to cause a
strange suicidal side effect in a week or so after starting treatment - ie.
Vince Foster, the son of the former governer of Oklahoma (Walters), that kid
who drove the Cessna into an office building a few months ago.

Brad Jensen