RE: Translating, trados et al

Subject: RE: Translating, trados et al
From: "Vandelinde, Henry" <henry -dot- vandelinde -at- siemens -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 12:45:55 -0500

Hi Harry,

We are currently in the process of training our translation dept (set in
Aix) and setting up Trados.

After a lot of evaluation, we are hoping for a 25-30% productivity boost.

We use a lot of similar terminology and formats and are estimating a 6 month
time frame for full operation.

Regards,

Henry

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Henry Vandelinde, Ph.D.
Technical Publications Manager
Siemens Milltronics Process Instruments Inc.
(705) 740-7643
henry -dot- vandelinde -at- siemens -dot- com

I've read the Trados paper and would now appreciate some real world opinions
on the time gain, costs, if the language combination is possible, or even
the speed with which one can learn how to use the various products on the
market.

www.ehelp.com/techwr