RE: Tech Writing: The Second Generation

Subject: RE: Tech Writing: The Second Generation
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 13:23:01 -0800

Not my father's footsteps, but interesting, nevertheless.

My father married 3 times - I am part of the last sibling group. My sib
group knew about the others, but for reasons that were always fuzzy, we had
no contact with the other 2 sibling groups.

After my father died in 1986, I was interested in finding the other
siblings. After my mother died in 1999, my sibling group agreed I would
look. I has the name of several of the other siblings, but no idea where
they might be, what their mothers full names were, nothing.

I found one set of siblings (1 brother and one mentally ill and lost in the
Midwest) about 2 years ago. He has lived in the LA basin for 20 years, as
did we. He had no idea where or what happened to our father - and have we
had interesting discussions about our father! And he has done well adapting
to the idea that he has at least 6 other siblings, the last 2 still lost
(Barbara Spencer, born about 1934 and John Spencer, born a few years after
that, in case any one knows them). Really nice man.

This relates because my new big brother is a tech writer for one of the
major aerospace companies in the High Desert! How funny that we chose a
similar career long before we knew of each other. It wasn't like our Dad was
around to suggest or coach him - our dad walked out on his sibling group
when he was 18 months.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
CEO, Anthrobytes Consulting