RE: Tech Writing: The Second Generation

Subject: RE: Tech Writing: The Second Generation
From: "Anita Lewis" <anital -at- threerivers-cams -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 11:49:14 -0600

My dad has worked for IBM for the past 25 years, installing and
repairing AS/400 machines. I've had a PC for the past 22 years. Since
Dad's specialty was the "big machines," and not PCs, his standard answer
to any technical questions I had was, "Look it up in the manual!" So
IBM-produced manuals with their "This page intentionally left blank"
became very familiar to me. Fast forward 15 years. My first tech
writing gig was documenting AS/400 applications.

My mom, though not technically inclined, was a great writer, and also an
elementary school teacher. Proper grammar was strictly enforced at my
house! I've wanted to be a writer as long as I can remember.

I don't think it's a coincidence that I am now a tech writer/trainer.

Anita Lewis
"What can be said at all can be said clearly." - Ludwig Wittgenstein

www.ehelp.com/techwr