RE: Occupational hazard - carpal tunnel

Subject: RE: Occupational hazard - carpal tunnel
From: bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:16:04 -0600

Get a fat ink pen. The original model, Pilot's Dr. Grip, boasts something like a 40% reduction in strain over conventional ink pens. There are a couple other brands, such as the PhD, but I've always liked Pilot's ink better than other brands because it flows better, which is another factor that reduces strain. The new gel ink line is really easy to use but doesn't look as neat.

Also, try cutting out caffeine. I stopped drinking sodas (my main source of caffeine) last month and have already seen a noticeable improvement.

Here is an old page of links to CTS resources (many years outdated, but still a good starting point):

http://www.geocities.com/madcap1969/Carpal/index.html

Be sure to read the guestbook while you're there because there are usually a lot of good anecdotal stories from other sufferers.