RE: How do I learn Word Macros/Templates?

Subject: RE: How do I learn Word Macros/Templates?
From: "Steve Hudson" <cruddy -at- optushome -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:27:15 +1100

Didn't read any replies, crunch times with deadlines n all. Trial
presentaton went way over time, I am going to forget the speak slow bit :-)

Reading material for you would go like this:

www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/index.html

Investigate every article under templates and VBA/Macros.

Then, get yourself a copy of the VBA Developer's Handbook (see Amazon
natch). It will give you everything but userforms. Then go back to mvps for
Userforms, dunno what they have but anything must be better than nothing.

There's a couple of bizzare gotchyas, like userforms can't be global so you
need a global object wrapper to facilitate that, and some unusual load and
unload behaviours. Plus you are FORCED to use error handling to trap the
beasts to dismiss the object they otherwise leave very visibly lying around
(sigh - more coding for me too :-) ) I can't explain font changes, other
than guessing its deltas to the underlying OS settings, ergle.

Events are only so useful, but the VBA developer's handbook will take you
through callbacks as well.

Then, of course, the vunderbarlich Tech Whirler's site,
technologies.html/#word is bound to grow in the next few months as well,
providing even more example code let alone premade solutions. A widdle way
of wight told me sow!

Additionally, once you finish the MVP site articles, email me offlist for
the templates as they stand or even involve yourself in the beta testing...

I still need more Word 2k victims willing to give feedback :-) <Chuckles as
he gleefully assembles the prerequisite count of souls before becoming a
major demon>

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic, Sydney, Australia
HDK List MVP
For Questions regarding MS-Word please use the MS news servers or a mailing
list in preference to heretic -at- tdfa -dot- com -dot- Ideally, post to
msnews.microsoft.com and send me an email to go answer it.

www.ehelp.com/techwr