RE: Consultants:Dim or Delete the Non-Compete?

Subject: RE: Consultants:Dim or Delete the Non-Compete?
From: "Spreadbury, David C." <David -dot- Spreadbury -at- marconi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:01:57 -0500

Wouldn't some negotiation with the contractor work? Maybe limit the
non-compete to a year, like the typical 90-day probationary period found at
most companies? One would think a year as a contractor with a company would
tell the company whether you fit their bill or not, and vice-versa. If you
can hold out for a year, then everyone should be happy. The contractor makes
their money on a weekly/monthly basis for a year. The company gets a chance
to determine what type worker you are, at the contract rate. Then, if
everything works out, the company gets a proven employee.

Watch those armor plated briefs. They start chafing quickly.