RE: is it really that uncommon?

Subject: RE: is it really that uncommon?
From: "McCarter, Kim" <kmccarte -at- harris -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 15:33:42 -0500

Bonnie Granat wrote:

>If anything, it is John who changed Kelley's post.

>If that is the transgression, Kelley is innocent, and John is guilty. All
>John wrote was
>"and I was just as shocked to see someone use this word on a list that
>goes to business addresses." John did not write the preceding text. Kelley
>did. Thus, the accusation against her is false.

Yes, John did change Kelley's *word* in his response. It was clear to me that
he had done so to prevent *sending* an offensive word (that might be filtered
and cause problems for him).

Kelley deliberately changed it back, placing it in quotation marks as if that
was actually what he had written, which it was not.

John was merely objecting to having the term in his inbox. In my opinion,
Kelley deliberately antagonized him by her actions.

If John is guilty, it is of asking people to exhibit a manner of business
decorum when sending mail to his account. In that, I wholeheartedly agree - I
don't want emails containing objectionable words in my business inbox either.

_________________________________
Kim McCarter
Information Design & Development
Harris Corporation, Network Support Division
(321) 724-3497
kmccarte -at- harris -dot- com

*****Confidentiality Notice*****
This message is confidential . If you are not the intended recipient, you may
not copy or otherwise disclose the contents of this message to any other person.
If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender
immediately by return e-mail. Thank you.

www.ehelp.com/techwr