RE: Seeking feedback on Picayune Footer nit

Subject: RE: Seeking feedback on Picayune Footer nit
From: "Margaret Secara" <margaret -dot- secara -at- alphather -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:21:44 -0800

Regarding the path in the footer thing though, does it really need to be on
every page? These docs are passed through email as whole entities, so
rarely are they going to be separated from their front matter. In addition,
we have no guarantee that the latest writer knew enough to update the
automatic field, so the path name *could* still be incorrect.

Rosie

If the doc has a cover/title page, I never use a page number on it. Can you just center the path/file name in the title page footer, and avoid it elsewhere? For the file name to be useful, it really should print the whole path, but I agree, it's kind of much when it appears on every page.

Maggie Secara

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr

Check out the TECHWR-L Site redesign!
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/