RE: Consultants:Dim or Delete the Non-Compete?

Subject: RE: Consultants:Dim or Delete the Non-Compete?
From: "CB Casper" <knowone -at- surfy -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 03:44:50 +0400

It all depends on the contract. My temp gig was an
at-will contract. Either of us could terminate the
contract at any time, with no notice, no repercussions.
Risky, but allowed the mother company
to hire temps with ease, but they could dump me at any
time, with no cause specified.

In my case my allowable temp time was running out, and
I found a captive position as a TW before I became unemployed.

I used the temp agency as a scout, the company uses them
as a screening device. Easy to dump the chumps, and keep
the winners.

--------------- Others wrote; and thereby bypassing the
"who wrote what" conundrum with potential consequences:

"An agency has a right to protect its business relationships
with their customers. Remember, you are an employee of the
agency, not the company where you're working. Therefore, if
the company wants to hire you, they have to buy you out of
the agency. "

Interesting. So you can't quit the agency and apply at the
company. Then why don't companies have to pay other companies
for sniping their employees?

I see it more as you are hiring the agency to market you.
In return, you agree to give them a cut of your profits
instead of paying up front.

"You cannot use agencies as your unpaid, personal marketing team."

--

Surfy! http://www.surfy.com Great web search, free web email, and $9.95 unlimited Internet access