Intranet Problem

Subject: Intranet Problem
From: Brianne Keating <Brianne -dot- Keating -at- schwans -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 18:23:52 -0600

I've encountered a rare yet astoundingly frustrating problem.

The company I work for uses an Intranet, which all employees can access.
We've just developed an e-letter, which is html-based, to be sent to
approximately 6,000 employees.

The Problem: The images do not appear for some employees with laptops. The
email acts as though it has offended the firewall, requiring the employee to
enter their username and password for each image in order for it to appear.

The images are being called off the Intranet server and are found on the
website (to which all employees have access; no problems have been found in
accessing these images with browsers). Hosting and linking to the images on
an outside server is not an option, as only half the employees have Internet
access.

If you have any reasoning, ideas, wild hunches as to why this is happening,
I would be forever grateful and name my firstborn child after you.

Please email me directly at brianne -dot- keating -at- schwans -dot- com

Thank you,
Brianne Keating

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr