Subject: Techwr-l : The Movie <OT - humor>
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 08:52:56 -0700

Okay, it's clear that many of you are concerned that Andy Richter's show
will not accurately depict Tech Writing The Way It Really Is.

So, whaddya gonna do about it? I, for one, will not stand idly by.

I propose we make our OWN movie, showing the uninitiated how truly
scintillating the world of tech writing is. It'll be huge. Trust me.

But what we need now are two things: storylines, and a cast. For a limited
time, CroninTransGlobalEntertainment will be accepting script ideas and
casting suggestions. Rack your brain, read through your old rants in the
archives, and send in the following suggestions:

What are some good titles/storylines?
Who should play YOU in the movie?
And, if you dare, who should play some of the key players: Mr. Plato,
Eric, etc.? (be nice!)

I'll start with some title ideas:

Font Wars
Single Parenting, Single Sourcing
Ya Gotta Have Style

Who should play me?

Brad Pitt is the obvious choice, but if he's not available, maybe Jim
Belushi or Meatloaf. Or maybe Animal from the Muppet Show band.

I'm abstaining from the third challenge. At least for now. Too
tempting....

So there it is - your opportunity to show the world what tech writing is
all about. I promise to split all royalties equally, of course.

Send in your ideas! Then have your people call my people, babe. We'll set
up a lunch...

- Keith Cronin, CEO of CroninTransGlobalEntertainment, a subsidiary of
Siglines R' Us

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr