RE: Advice needed, RE: voice recognition software

Subject: RE: Advice needed, RE: voice recognition software
From: "Gilger.John" <JGilger -at- acresgaming -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 08:32:43 -0800

Marguerite Krupp wants our collective wisdom, advice, and experiences with voice recognition software packages.

In 1998, I worked with a person who had an accident resulting in very limited use of his arms and hands. He used both Dragon and IBM. I don't recall which was best, but I am sure both have improved significantly.

They worked quite well, but they did have some interesting problems. They wrote exactly what he said, requiring quite a bit of editing. The microphone was quite sensitive and we often had to edit out the conversations outside his cube.

The software did succeed in keeping a good person on the job and productive. The editing was often good for a laugh (I wonder if some of the other employees realized that their words were being recorded) and wasn't hard.

Plug "voice recognition software" into Google for lots more info.

John Gilger
Senior Technical Writer
Acres Gaming, Inc.
702.914.5585
Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.
-- Gilbert Keith Chesterton

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr