RE: FrameMaker6.0 question

Subject: RE: FrameMaker6.0 question
From: Stephen McDermott <Stephen -dot- McDermott -at- PREMERA -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 14:47:06 -0800

1. Yes, it will work. Every time you open a document, it will remind you
that you're opening a 5.5.x version, and then (in Windows versions, in
deference to Bill Gates), ask you if that's OK.

2. On the menu bar, select Format>Characters>Catalog. Viola! Now...
Format>Paragraph>Catalog.

Background: Your "quickie" icons are gone. They were replaced by Element
icons. Don't worry about them until you want to use SGML (a tool that,
IMHO, only instills discipline in an undisciplined writer).

Hope this settles your nerves,

Steve McDermott
Sr. Technical Writer
Business Strategy and Product Design Group
Premera Blue Cross