Example of a comprehensive sign-off sheet

Subject: Example of a comprehensive sign-off sheet
From: "Ruby Isaacs" <ruby -at- quendi -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 07:29:00 -0500

Will you please help me find an example of a comprehensive sign-off sheet? As the editor of a user guide for a software program, I need to ask the subject matter experts to approve each chapter.

I've searched through various sources and found some useful advice. However, I want to make sure that I include all the necessary instructions and information.

>From the advice that I've collected from techwrit-l archives, I've drafted the following sign-off sheet:
Document Title
Chapter Title
Review
Version number 1
Writer
Reviewer's name
Date circulated
Completion date

Review Guidelines
Please review this document for technical accuracy only.
* Provide corrected/missing information if you know it, or suggest a source.
* If you encounter information that you are not sure is accurate, please ask someone who knows, or test it yourself. Never just leave a question mark in the margin The technical writer needs clearly explained edits. If you leave just a question mark in the margin, for example, the technical writer will likely not understand what you are trying to communicate.
* Use a coloured pen to mark your comments directly on the document. For additional comments, attach a separate sheet and reference the comments by page number.
* When making a correction of a word, or sentence, always draw a line in the outside margin.
* Do not spend time commenting on spelling and grammatical errors. A technical writer will edit the document for these issues.
* Add any other changes you think will improve the manual. All comments are appreciated, even if not all of them are used.

I would appreciate any realistic examples or advice about formatting it in MS Word.

Thanks.
Ruby Isaacs

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr