Re: Manual.dot template in Word 2000

Subject: Re: Manual.dot template in Word 2000
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 08:52:57 -0600

At 8:04 AM -0500 3/26/02, Ruby Isaacs wrote:

Why would the same Word 2000 *.doc file attached to copies of the same Manual.dot template print out differently on the same printer?

My co-worker copied her Manual.dot template onto the public drive. I copied that Manual.dot template into my C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates folder. I re-attached the Manual.dot template to my *.doc file. Then, I copied all the styles from this Manual.dot template into my *.doc file. I made sure that the descriptions of the Chapter Subtitle style matched in both the template and the *.doc file.

However, when I printed the *.doc file the characters in a Chapter Subtitle style were too close together. A rather amusing example is that the "cl" in "click" appeared as a "d".

How can I fix this template problem?

BTW, my client prefers Word for various reasons.

Thanks.
Ruby

Ruby,

Are you using a different printer driver? That is the first thing that I would check. It will make the file print differently.

Don't you just love Word and the way Microsoft makes it work?

Scott

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr