RE: he/she redux

Subject: RE: he/she redux
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 09:53:48 -0500

"Tom Johnson" <johnsont -at- starcutter -dot- com> wrote:

>Did you ever think of an audio version of your pamphlets? You could turn
>them into nursery rhymes. Or you could really knock their baby socks off
>with lyrical, lullaby masterpieces. Then the mothers don't have to read at
>all. Mothers could either put in the blue cassette or the pink cassette.

Audio cassettes. Let's see:

Ahh, Baby finally fell asleep. Peace and quiet at last. Now I can reread that handout from the doctor. Or I could play this cassette and wake the baby. Hmmm. Which should I do?

And the other problems are:

* The pictures
* The handwritten addenda
* The crossed-out paragraph that doesn't apply in this situation
* The time and cost to produce cassettes as opposed to making a copy of a letter-size document
* Carrying all that stuff (six letter-size handouts are easier to stack and keep track of than six cassettes)
* The frequency with which the content is updated (reflecting ongoing research in the field)

So I think she'll stay with printed handouts for now. On white paper. (Pink and blue? Tom, I think you're gonna start getting messages from some of the same people I've heard from in the last half hour.)

Dick

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr