Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: "Jo Baer" <jbaer -at- tcfbank -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:41:25 -0600

Both of the following usually happen (I hate multiple choice tests):

* Analysis of cause or problems undertaken
* Procedures and processes change to prevent repeats

We writers rely to some degree on protocols and checklists to help us get
through a writing project without any major oversights or screw-ups. If there's
a problem with a document, we do try to figure out why, at what point things
went wrong, and how to avoid the same problem in the future.

Sometimes there is legitimate blame to be placed, such as when a project leader
hoards information and/or disseminates incorrect information. Sometimes there
was miscommunication between the writer and another member of the project team.
Sometimes somebody just gets lazy.

We also have regular meetings of the tech writing staff to discuss strategies,
projects, style guide issues, and anything else we think might help us produce
better documentation.

Jo

--
Jo Baer
Senior Technical Writer

The mome rath isn't born that could outgrabe me.

Nicol Williamson

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr