Re: Consequences of inadequate docs/training

Subject: Re: Consequences of inadequate docs/training
From: "Susan Patrick" <susan -dot- patrick -at- fti-ibis -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 13:31:58 -0500

"Simon North" <Simon -dot- North -at- synopsys -dot- com> wrote in message
news:147528 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

> Maybe American forces do things differently from Europe? (I remember being
appalled at how the US
> was experimenting with producing vehicle repair manuals in comic strip
form some years ago ... ;-) ).

> Simon.

Actually, the US Military did produce at least one user guide in comic strip
form: the manual for the Liberator pistol. It was a one-page comic strip
showing how to load and use the pistol. The pistol was meant to be dropped
behind enemy lines to resistance fighters during WWII, so the instructions
had to be simple and non-language dependent.

http://www.bermanmuseum.org/wwars.htm (just the gun and history, not the
instructions, sorry)

Susan Patrick
Forensic Technology