Stand-up (was Re: Job Requirements (was Ethical Companies))

Subject: Stand-up (was Re: Job Requirements (was Ethical Companies))
From: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 11:58:22 -0500

At 12:46 AM -0800 3/29/02, Andrew Plato wrote:

Not
getting a job because you refuse to stand-up to give presentations is a very
different thing.

Most of the presentations I give are either proposals or project reports. Does anybody still stand up for these? Most of the companies I've worked for insist on PowerPoint slides projected on a screen, either by direct computer link or with an overhead projector, and the presenter sits at one end of the conference table. Heck, most conference rooms these days have only screens and maybe a small whiteboard. No easels with newsprint pads. No long walls of black- or whiteboards. Even the presentations I've made at large conferences have had a table and chair for the speaker on the stage at the front of the auditorium, with electrical outlets for the laptop computer and projector.

So...I know that some folks still prefer to stand or run around the room while they present. But they aren't forced to do that. It's an option.

Just out of curiosity...when was the last time any of you *had* to give a stand-up presentation?

--
Kat Nagel
Owner, MasterWork Consulting Services

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr