Subject: Re: (Possibly OT) Can I quote you?

Subject: Subject: Re: (Possibly OT) Can I quote you?
From: "Patrick Vossen" <pvossen -at- north -dot- sd41 -dot- bc -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 08:49:11 -0800

As a current student perhaps I can voice an opinion on this one? Many course
instructors are heavily involved in the technical writing profession and
suggest websites and discussion forums as references for project research.
Though I've never directly quoted an individual I find that the archives and
on-going discussions can give a sense of group consensus on issues and
topics and point me in the right direction.

I believe the proper etiquette for quoting an individual on something said
in a discussion would be to email them directly and ask for their
permission. There would be benefits for me to go that route. The individual
may be able to provide me with more information or forward me to other
valuable resources.

It never hurts to ask.