Re: outlook or xchange forms

Subject: Re: outlook or xchange forms
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 11:55:06 -0800 (PST)

"Robyn Schell" <> wrote

> Hello Whirlers: I have been asked to develop a series of service request
> forms in Outlook or Xchange that can be routed to various people depending
> on the type of request.
>
> The client wants a simple, inexpensive system (of course) that ties into
> their internal email directory.
>
> Has anyone implemented such a system and, in general, how was it done? A
> brief overview would allow me to carry on with more detailed research.

Jeez, you people are getting some COOL jobs.

Yes. I have done it. Exchange has an entire infrastructure to support
customized forms. You'll need to learn about Exchange Servers. I'd also suggest
learning about VisualBasic since those forms can us VB code. Checkout
www.msexchange.com or of course www.microsoft.com/exchange

You'll need access to an Exchange server and Outlook 2000 client to do this
work. You'll also have to figure out how to deploy the forms. They don't just
deploy themselves. Most people are not familiar with using Exchange forms, so
you'll have to teach 'em. You may also try putting it all on a public folder -
but that will require deep knowledge of how public folders work on Exchange
servers.

Good luck.

Andrew Plato

http://taxes.yahoo.com/