Re: new job, delicacy required?

Subject: Re: new job, delicacy required?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:30:29 -0800 (PST)

You are new. You haven't proven that you know what you are doing.
People are going to be waiting for you to mis-step.

The first thing you need to do is to prove that you can string a noun
and a verb together to get an instruction to work. Forget about what
it looks like, what program is used to write it in, or what style is
used.

Prove that you know how to write instructions before you start
changing what existing instructions look like

> tool for the task, however one develops a process. Part of the
> problem lies
> with the fact that I do not care for the organization or layout or
> style (in
> the larger sense of the term) of either existing GS guide. We are

Only you care right now. What EVERYONE else cares about is getting
real, solid, accurate instructions.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
Current gig ending 4/30