Re: Word 2000 to HTML

Subject: Re: Word 2000 to HTML
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:39:22 -0500

At 2:05 PM +0000 4/10/02, P V wrote:

Hello all,

I need to convert a 500 page Word document to HTML. When I use the option provided by Word, I observe the following problems:
1. I don't get the feeling of scrolling through a document. Rather, it comes out as a webpage. Is there a way to achieve the same browsing effect as when using MS Word?
2. The whole document appears as left aligned. Is there a way to correct thsi?
thanks
Vinod

Vinod,

These are not problems. If you want to view the text rather than the Web page, open the file and specify the type as a text file.

As far as the document appearing left aligned, the question must be how familiar are you with HTML coding? Is the file using a CSS file (cascading style sheet)?

Scott