RE: Job advice

Subject: RE: Job advice
From: "Justin Ressler" <JRessler -at- ewa-denver -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:11:50 -0600

I am going to have to disagree with the majority of the online posts here.
I say call them. Call them until you reach who you need to talk to.

I would rather tell the story of "I found a perfect job for me but
unfortunately was turned down." then tell the story..."I found the perfect
job but never heard back from them...oh well I guess."

Assertive is not aggressive.

I also disagree with the phone/email thing. There is a time and place for
both. Unfortunately we do not always get our way. There are certain
communication traits that play into both mediums, perhaps this prospective
employer prefers the interaction and on your feet thinking of a telephone
call.

If the employer does not return your call, it shows disrespect. There is
the chance, as pointed out by other posters, that the contact has not
received your message for some reason or the other.

The ball may be in their court, but they might not be aware of it. Be
assertive.

That's my point of view. Of course there is a defined difference in being
tactful and being a nuisance.

JR