Re: Font Selection Methodology

Subject: Re: Font Selection Methodology
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 23:19:29 -0400

Adding my two cents to what Bruce said in support of Elaine (who presumably is perfectly capable of answering for herself, as well, but we happened to beat her to it):

This has been standard advice since at least the early 1960s. You can think of it as a handy rule of thumb for novice designers (which covers most techwhirlers), but one that experienced designers freely ignore.

A given designer tends to explore one esthetic for a fair period before switching to something entirely different, so knowing the designer and the date puts you in a relatively safe zone. After that, though, you have to use your eyes.

Dick