Re: charging for the "commuting" part of telecommuting? or business travel

Subject: Re: charging for the "commuting" part of telecommuting? or business travel
From: Bill Buckheit <kcbillb2 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 18:47:14 -0500

Emily,

This really reminds me of my trips to beautiful Costa Rica a few years back. Due to flight schedules, I'd fly down on a Sunday (on my own time of course), make it to my hotel by about 9:30 PM. Work all week 8-5 in a factory. (I know the inside of the Motorola plant there pretty well.) I did have one weekend out of eight trips there that I got a chance to sightsee/tour, but this business travel isn't what a lot of people believe it is.

Anyway, my .02 worth

Bill Buckheit
kcbillb2 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com

"Who are you and what do you do?
"I am a moral outcast."
"Oh, it's always nice to meet another writer."

And then there was that project that started with the two weeks (of hard work, really!) on the tropical island in the Caribbean. My feet never actually touched sand or salt water except what wafted up to the mat in front of my hotel room, sigh.