RE: Goodbye TECHWR-L

Subject: RE: Goodbye TECHWR-L
From: Christine Gonzales <christine -dot- Gonzales -at- medstat -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 15:42:39 -0400

Dave wrote:
<The main reason I subscribed to the list was to read Andrew's
posts. I sorted my TECHWR-L inbox by poster so I could surf to the A's to
see what Andres was posting about. Without Andrew on the list to prefilter
the interesting stuff, I'm left with sorting it out for myself. And it's no
longer interesting.>

<This list has lost its most interesting voice. Unless we can coax
Andrew back, the list will devolve into the vapidity of other lists. It's
collective IQ has been severely reduced. >

<He was one of the best writers on the list. He clearly has a sharp,
overclocked mind and in spite of his razor sharp wit, he had a good
heart (albeit a bit right wing). I enjoyed his writing. At some time in his
life he should write books. Or be a stand up comic.>

I am coming out of lurking to agree with Dave.

Dave, you were not alone, I did the same thing.

To those who were offended, hated, or annoyed by Andrew's comments, I bet it
was the fact that Andrew was speaking the truth, and you could identify with
those people or methods Andrew mocked, that you hated most. It is much
easier to be angry than to do something about truth when you hear it. Andrew
challenged all of us. He pointed out flaws and left us with the option to
say, "he is right, am I going to do something about it (in my own writing
methods) or am I going to take the easy and lazy way out and just be mad,
vent and lash out at the messenger?"

What I will miss most about Andrew is his humor. He made me laugh. Being a
technical writer can be boring, but without Andrew's postings - it will be
worse. Many of you take your job too seriously - no, wait, you take your
title too seriously.

Christine Gonzales
Technical Communicator
The MEDSTAT Group

The viewpoint reflected in this communication does not necessarily
reflect the viewpoint of The MEDSTAT Group