Re: Font selection methodology

Subject: Re: Font selection methodology
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 08:37:31 -0700 (PDT)

From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- jci -dot- com
Arlen,

In my opinion, you're barking up the wrong tree
entirely. Surely no one would ever argue that font
selection is in the same scale of importance as word
selection.

Still, typography contributes to understanding, in
somewhat the same way that non-verbal elements
contribute to understanding when you are having a
personal discussion with another individual.

You should be aware that for those who are skilled in
typography, selecting appropriate fonts and other
typographic details takes no more time than does a
selection of inappropriate ones by those who haven't
this skill. Thus, it is not at all an "either-or"
selection, nor a zero sum proposition.

Mostly, it seems more a case of those without the
skill complaining that no one else should regard that
skill as important tools in our professional arsenal.
While those who love typography and those who want to
learn more about it may enjoy these discussions, those
of you who are not in either category should merely
exercise your "delete" keys and move on to other
topics you like more!

I apologize if I have insulted anyone, and by no means
do I pick on Arlen, for his is simply the last of a
string of comments disparaging these discussions
rather thans imply disagreeing with them.

David

Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:03:57 -0500

>>>Is it more important to find the right words to
>>>accurately describe the process, or to present the
words in the perfect

http://games.yahoo.com/