RE: Practical Limits of Files Size in MS Word

Subject: RE: Practical Limits of Files Size in MS Word
From: "Mike Starr" <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:39:50 -0500

I wouldn't worry too much about file size if you're willing to invest in
your computer. Make sure you've got plenty of memory, plenty of free space
on your hard drive and a good graphics card with plenty of memory of its
own. A fast processor doesn't hurt either. Then turn of Fast Saves,
Background saves and revision saving (don't remember the specifics).

When working with large word files, save often (remember Ctrl-S).

You'll be just fine.

Mike

---
Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Technical Illustrator
Graphic Designer - Desktop Publisher - MS Office Expert
Office: (262) 694-1028 - Pager: (414) 318-9509 - Fax: (262) 697-6334
Home (262) 694-0932 - mike -at- writestarr -dot- com - http://www.writestarr.com