Result: Emphasising text techniques?

Subject: Result: Emphasising text techniques?
From: Kirsty -dot- Taylor -at- mincom -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 13:48:02 +1000

Belated thanks to everyone who responded to my query two weeks ago about
emphasising text.

At this stage, we've going to keep our bold + italics Verdana, as it was
pointed out that we may change to a more UNIX-friendly output format at
some stage in the future. We're using HTML Help right now.

I don't find the italics too horrid myself, but have noticed that bold
(funnily enough) really does make individual words stand out on the
screen. I'm hesitant to use different font types, as we've already got
more than enough font types on a screen, and I want users at the bottom
off a mine ordering stock (one eg. given to me of our users) to not be
bothered too much by distracting font changes.

Thanks for all the suggestions!
Kirsty

Kirsty Taylor - Editor
Professional Services - Mincom Limited
Mailto: kirsty -dot- taylor -at- mincom -dot- com
Phone +61 (0) 7 3303 3221
Mobile +61 (0) 419 197 502
Fax +61 (0) 7 3303 3470
http://www.mincom.com
Mincom. The People. The Experience. The Vision.

delete it and notify the sender. The contents of this e-mail are the
opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group of
companies unless expressly stated otherwise.