RE: Question about sending one's resume to companies

Subject: RE: Question about sending one's resume to companies
From: "Kieffer, Barry" <barry_kieffer -at- mentorg -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:23:52 -0700

Sending out your resume each week is also good practice. It keeps you in touch with your craft and your content. When I was unemployed I was always working on my resume, and thus, I could quote my resume from memory.

Big deal you say? Well, many years later I was in the position to hire a senior level technical writer, and I cannot tell you how many times people looked surprised when I asked about something on their resume. If you don't know the content of your resume cold - or worse - gasp - someone wrote (or rewrote) it for you...

Does the phrase "does not meet minimum qualifications" strike a bell?

.barry.