RE: Study: Internet Explorer Dominates the Web

Subject: RE: Study: Internet Explorer Dominates the Web
From: "Kieffer, Barry" <barry_kieffer -at- mentorg -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 09:26:07 -0700

Backwards compatibility has always been a big bugaboo for us tech writers. In much of the documentation I have produced over the years I still cringe every time I have to break from the mainstream and put side notes in for the Luddites that refuse to move from Windows 3.0 and still use some discontinued browser just because some lunk-head in management believes these technophobic nitwits should be placated.

There has got to be a point where the documentation states that in order to use our newest software, you MUST have the following.

But where is that point?